Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Welcoming Remington to the blog world.

I'm back!
Gosh- it's been 7 months since I've last been on here and I've missed writing so much. Let me first start out by welcoming my sweet baby boy to the (blog) world, Remington. Born Feb. 16th 2016, 7lbs 1oz, 20in. He is delightful, a total dream....





I told you, huh? Nothing beats a wrinkly, pouty-liped, sleepy newborn. Nothing.

Someday, I'll write his whole arrival story and how I've handled my first 7 months as a mama. But for now I want to cover a few other things as well. I did write all of my workouts down through my pregnancy and most of them from post postpartum. While I enjoy writing a ton of fluff on here and tend to use this blog as my journal space, I know most of the thousand or so readers that came last month came to see the workouts. SO as promised, I will continue to post them and I will also document my postpartum fitness recovery- it has NOT been easy (let me guess, you expected that).

Below is Workout #13, Second Trimester, Back and Shoulder Day.  AND
Workout #14, Third Trimester, Leg Day (this get harder and harder the bigger you get).
As a side note, I want to mention that a lot of my repetition counts are high- and that's because you should NOT be attempting to lift super heavy while pregnant. Of course, you want to maintain your muscle so you do want the weight to be a challenge, but you should be able to get in the number of repetitions I've listed on the workout cards. If you can only squeeze out 7-8 reps- you're going too heavy. That's my rule at least to help prevent injury while pregnant :)









Let me make a long story on my absence very short....
My husband and I started a business and I had a baby. The word BUSY does not every nearly describe how chaotic and crazy my life was 7 months ago. Now, I work at our business 2 days a week and hang out with my little buddy the rest of the time. Life is SO good. I've spent the past few weeks feeling so grateful to God for this beautiful (sometimes crazy) life. I honestly could not have dreamed of anything better.






post signature
Newborn photos by the lovely http://www.daniellehobbsphotography.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment