Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Naming Baby and Second Trimester Worko

I'm in my 35th week and I really can't grasp my head around the fact that very, very soon I will be holding sweet baby Remy in my arms. Did I mention his name yet?  Remington "Remy". We fell in love with the name Remy- it's origin is French and it means oarsmen or rower. We wanted little squiggles to also have a longer name, and wanted Remy to be his nickname, so we Googled and found that Remy was short for a few different names, but our favorite was Remington. Sounds legit if he's going to become a lawyer or something. :)
Remy: People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition....






One day, little Remy, you will have many of your own adventures. But that day is not today. First, you have to grow in me for a few more weeks, then together we will fight (well a little more me than you) to bring you into this world, and then I'm going to be crazy mama bear and love on you all the time and want to protect you from all harm, and then one day when you're good and ready (and I still won't be) you will have your own adventures and discover so many things this amazing world we live in has to offer. 

Anyway, onto my fitness life! I actually came down with a virus/sinus infection for the past few days and have been out of commission. I knew especially with growing a little one I needed to rest a lot more than usual. I'm not sure if it was getting sick or just this growing babe, but my back pain is back and it's been pretty painful. So when I have been at the gym, I've been sitting on the upright bike taking it easy. My routine has been 20 min. on the elliptical and 40 min. on the upright bike. Since all the pain and sinus issues, I've kept my heart rate exertion less than 80% (I wear a monitor when I workout). However, I've found that the best method to keep your heart rate in a good place for you and baby is to use the Rate of Perceived Exertion. The American Council on Exercise (ACE) says stay between 5-8 and ACSM says 3-7 on a 10-point scale.

Rate of Perceived Exertion

0 Feeling you get when sitting.
1 Activities like getting dressed.
2 Feeling you might get while doing laundry.
3 Taking a casual walk.
4 Walking briskly, but still maintaining conversation.
5 Feeling you get when rushing out the door.
6 Feeling you get when rushing up a flight of stairs.
7 Exercise while singing.
8 Slightly tiring exercise, but still speaking full sentences.
9 Feeling fatigue. Breathing hard.
10 All out exercise. Could not maintain for more than 30 seconds.

Workout below (remember I am just now posting workouts from my second trimester):

35 week pic :) with a bad, bad cold!
My gym selfie vs. some random girl :) :)





My sleepover with these two was the best!!! <3 my nephews!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment