Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The BIG 3-0!!!!

It's easy for me to follow my post title with a million exclamations because, it's not my BIG birthday. It's my lovely sisters! And she will be so thrilled to see this post ;) She's turning the big THIRTY and I have no doubt it will be her best year yet! (she's the stunning blonde next to me in all three photos)

These are pics from us two weekends ago at the Zac Brown Festival in Charleston.





I've been feeling great in my pregnancy so far. 22 weeks! More than half way done cooking this little babe. My husband, adoringly referred to as J, came back in town for the weekend. He's been traveling a lot for work and as much as I love having a king size bed to myself & preggo belly, it gets old quick. He got to feel the baby move around for the first time- simply amazing. It really is the BEST feeling!

I made an amazing pumpkin chocolate chip zucchini bread recently and it was TO DIE FOR! And incredibly healthy. Although J calls it "turd bread" due to it's lovely appearance, even he enjoyed it. So when you're craving a huge slice of Starbucks breakfast bread, make this instead and save yourself over 250 calories! Here's the recipe comparison, I'll be posting these for my own record as I search for healthy alternatives to my not so healthy cravings. :)







Recipe from http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • pinch of cloves
  • pinch of ginger
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
  3. In a separate large bowl combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Whisk in almond milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for sprinkling on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove bread from pan and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 153 Fat: 4.5g Carbohydrates: 26.1g Sugar: 13g Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 3g


WORKOUT #3 COMING TOMORROW!



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment