Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fit Pregnancy : Workout 1

Let's be real here. When I unexpectedly found out I was pregnant, many, many thoughts went through my mind. I was scared and unhappy about all the changes that lie ahead. One of the biggest things I wasn't ready for was for my body to change.... hello cravings, lack-of-energy, weight gain, scaled down workouts, etc.
BUT I adapted. I realized that in order to keep myself sane and this little babe safe, I needed to continue to keep fitness a priority in my life. Since then, I have continued to workout like normal, I have made a few adjustments here and there. And I openly discuss my fitness routine with my OB. It makes me feel better when she says I'm good to go. Before creating my fitness plan (and each workout), I did tons of research and talked with the trainers at my gym about what exercises to avoid, heart rate concerns, trimester variations, etc. 
I want to preface by saying that I worked out 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes a day before getting pregnant. I wouldn't recommended starting a new workout routine once you're pregnant, and be sure to run everything by your OB first.

Pregnancy Workout 1
If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I'm no expert, but can definitely help motivate (or ask my husband). :)
Also, I'm 21 weeks this week... here's a progress pic- it's a shameless gym selfie.





































post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment